Choosing the right seat material is often the most challenging decision in Ball Valve Selection. To assist our customers during this process, Flo-Tite has prepared two very helpful guides:
Valve Seat Material Selection Guide
This listing of Flo-Tite's seat materials has been prepared to assist the specifying engineer and the end user in the proper seat selection. This information should be used in conjunction with the our pressure and temperature rating graph.
Super-Tek High Performance Valve Seating
Provides technical data on Flo-Tite's Super-Tek (TFM) seating material. TFM is a higher strength, granular modified PTFE state of the art product. The chemical resistance of PTFE is unchanged while adding many important benefits that allow Super-Tek to perform in difficult services that can polymerize and "popcorn" standard PTFE seats.
About Super-Tek III
Super-Tek III is a state of the art seat material offered by Flo-Tite that includes Dyneon TFM resin combined with special carbon / graphite fillers to enhance its basic features. TFM is PTFE modified to enhance the already excellent properties that made it the first choice for ball valve soft seats. The chemical resistance of the PTFE is unchanged.
The advantages of TFM over PTFE include:
- Lower coefficient of friction for lower operating valve torques
- Reduced micro-porosity for far less permeability
- Superior abrasion and wear resistance for longer life in dirty services
- Reduced cold flow deformation
- Enhanced deformation recovery
- Increased pressure recovery
Other advantages of Super-Tek III include:
- The proprietary fillers in Super-Tek III increase the operating range of the valves
- Wider temperature range – up to 600 degrees F in clean service and steam rating to 420 PSI
- Lower operating torque than other filled seats
- Enhanced cycle life due to the bearing capabilities of the fillers
- Does not detract from the fire safe capability of our fire rated valves
Temperature Range: -320 degrees F to 600 degrees F • Color: Black
Super-Tek III seats used on the appropriate valve offer new opportunities suitable for elevated temperatures, good resistance under high pressure loads in applications such as steam, thermal fluids, mild abrasive conditions as encountered in flow control, monomers such as styrene and butadiene which can polymerize and “popcorn” standard PTFE seats, and rapid, high cycle services.
Super-Tek III on the appropriate ball valves offer new opportunities for soft seated ball valves – where never before possible!